Monday, October 23, 2006

Day 12 - 2nd shot

I got my second shot today because I wouldn't be able to get in on Wednesday. It was a fairly quick affair, mostly because I'd had to be squeezed in at the last minute and the poor doctor hadn't even had time to eat anything all day.

Anyway, I got a rise in my libido again about an hour or so after the shot. Nowhere near as dramatic as the last time, but remarkable nevertheless. Other than that, my skin continues to be noticably oilier than before, although nothing much would show up on blotting paper if I used some. I do however need to look at getting some facial cleanser before it actually starts to become problematic.

Something new I've noticed - the beginnings of hair growth. I stopped shaving my legs early this year, and I actually already had a patch on the inside of my lower calves with long dark coarse hair. I've noticed that this patch is starting to spread though, i.e. the finer hairs in the surrounding area are getting darker and coarser.

By the same token, the two patches of hair on the outsides of my upper lip are feeling a lot stubblier. While before I'd take care of the fine growth maybe once every 2-3 weeks, it's been 5 days since I had a shave and I'll definitely need one tomorrow. I can also feel a stubble-effect when I run my tongue over the area, so it appears that the hair may be growing in coarser.

Finally, I've been taking care of my sideburns once every 3 days in the last week. In the last 6 months I've cut my sideburns short, and the stubbly bit only went halfway down my ears; it was all just peach fuzz the rest of the way. At the moment though, when I run my fingers upwards along my jawline to my sideburns, I feel the stubbliness start at about the bottom of my earlobes.

All this is very unexpected, considering I'm only 2 weeks in. It remains to be seen if the initial reactions are noticable, and then they settle down for a while before more changes come in. Until then, I guess I'll just amuse myself with what's already happening!

P.S - I forgot to add that the quality/timbre of my voice continues to change. It's most obvious when I sing, although there hasn't been enough of a change for most people to notice. I've been told that I'll sound like I have a cold, but that hasn't happened yet. I did have that "just woken up" voice last through the whole morning today, though. Maybe it's coming up soon.

No comments: